Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Tyson Fury has suggested his team has just three days to secure a date and venue for his fight with Anthony Joshua.
Fury and Joshua signed the contract for their £200million mega-fight last month with promoters Eddie Hearn and Bob Arum giving themselves 28 days to find a host country.
Hearn said last week that he was confident of doing just that by the end of this week following his six-country, three-continent world tour.
Reports this week suggested the shortlist had been whittled down to Saudi Arabia and Qatar but no announcement has been forthcoming.
And Fury tweeted tonight: "Three days left, the clock is ticking."
The unbeaten heavyweight champion has always appeared sceptical about a deal being done for a summer fight.
His father John also questioned whether the contract signing actually moved negotiations forward.
Hearn, however, has been steadfast in his confidence that he could secure a huge site fee foe the first fight to take place in July.
The rematch would then take place in November or December, likely in Cardiff.
The promoter said last week: "We always had a time frame in place in the agreement that everybody signed.
"That can be extended but it's not the intention to extend it and we are all working to that time frame.
Every Monday we deliver our verdict on the weekend's fights and, more importantly, what's next for the winners and losers.
Signing up is easy, just click this link, enter your email address and select 'Boxing' from the list.
"Really I think end of next week it will be done.
"Talks have progressed extremely well and we're closing in on securing the venue and there will be an announcement in due course.
"We're at the stage where it's probably best not to say much more than that.
"Wembley is not out of the running but having spoken to them they have to be in a situation where they need full capacity and their first job is trying to get that for the Euros.
"If we can be guaranteed that it may enter some discussion but I don't think so."